I’m not sure why I’ve never made lemon poppy seed muffins before. They’re definitely one of my faves. In fact, I’m loving everything lemon flavored lately. Hence, why I made these dairy free lemon poppy seed muffins today! This recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins, […]
Tag: toddler muffins
I’m always looking for ways to make muffins healthier, because if I could eat a muffin everyday I would. And these dairy free blueberry banana muffins with added oat bran are IT. I also feel good about giving one to my daughter for breakfast, or […]
I never thought I’d be one of those people who had to hide vegetables in my baby’s food to get them to eat it. I love vegetables. My husband loves vegetables. And really, what’s not to like? Vegetables are delicious. But I must do what I have to do. And that is exactly what I did with these. I made no sugar toddler muffins, for my picky toddler.
These no sugar toddler muffins also have no butter. With two added veggies. And they’re shaped like hearts because everything tastes better shaped like a heart. What makes these babies sweet, is the bananas and unsweetened applesauce.
I have to say, these toddler muffins are DELICIOUS. Subtly sweet and very moist. And it feels good to know, that my toddler is eating something wholesome. Because let’s face it, most muffins out there are nothing more than ‘glorified cupcakes.’
Have a healthy Valentine’s Day!
No Sugar, No butter Toddler Muffin Recipe:
Ingredients: (Yields 12 muffins)
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of oat bran
1/3 cup of Organic cold-pressed canola oil (Can use safflower oil OR Coconut Oil as well)
1/2 cup of organic no sugar added applesauce
2 ripe bananas
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 small zucchini
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp of salt
(For your convenience, affiliate link.)
Optional: Heart Shaped silicone muffin mold
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together oil, applesauce and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Put carrots, zucchini and bananas in a food processor and chop fine. (I did this, because if Els found a long shred of carrot in the muffin, that would have been the end of the muffin.)
4. Once chopped, pour into mixing bowl with the applesauce, oil and eggs.
5. Stir in dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and salt.
6. Spoon in muffin batter 2/3 full. And bake for 15 minutes.
For another delicious no sugar, no butter muffin recipe check out our second most popular strawberry oatmeal muffins too!