I wish I was a crazy plant lady, with a crazy talented green thumb. Flowers and plants everywhere. But I’m not. I have a hard enough time keeping my succulents alive. A couple of years ago, I created a mini garden for my then toddler […]
Tag: mommy blog
For my daughter’s final bake sale of the school year, I had wild ambitions to make fancy cookies, lemon brownies and gooey sprinkled rice Krispy squares. Of course — In brown paper packages all tied up with string… But as it always seems, the night before, we fell short […]
Sometimes it’s just the small and simple things that matter to show your mother you care. Besides the homemade card and DIY picture frame, the usual bouquet of flowers and chocolate… Why not throw in something else small and thoughtful and unique. Right? Like these. I would definitely like these.
All recommendations and opinions are my own. Just so you know, I may receive a small commission from the links on this page.
- When you want to take your coffee to go, in a fancy clear glass cup.
- When you only have time to apply your eyeliner once.
- For a mid afternoon pick me up.
- Sunglasses that won’t break the bank because you know they will get lost or broken within 6 months.
- Cute, minimalistic succulent pots, because well we can all take care of a succulent. Right?
- The trendy moisturizing, color changing lipstick you keep wanting to try but never buying. With gold flakes and a real flower inside. *I actually have one and love it. It’s super moisturizing and applies like a stain. Just apply and go.
- For the mom who forgot to jump on the initial pendant bandwagon. It’s never too late.
- To replenish tired all day skin.
- For moms who don’t have time to shower everyday. So for basically, all moms.
- Beach season is coming. A cute tote for mom is a needing.
- And to go along with the dreamy spa weekend trip. A colorful weekender.
- Not only is beach season coming, but picnic season also. Need.
- People say if you make things more accessible and organized… Good things happen.
- A new fancy set of Riedel Crystal tumblers for mom’s much deserved evening glass of wine.
- And a cute pair of Soludos Espadrilles that will last you all summer!
Treat yo’ Mom! This Mother’s Day!
Except when it comes to crafts.
I love EVERYTHING about it. And ALL of its colorful clutter.
For every occasion, (Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc…) I binge buy anything holiday related so that my daughter can create anything she desires.
Shiny Beads & String.
Giant Pom Poms. Yarn. Paper. Glitter.
Masks & Fuzzy Stickers…
I mean, this is just some of the stuff.
Usually, to keep all of it somewhat orderly and at bay, I organize everything into bowls and glass jars. I then lay them out on our table for easy access. Subsequently, while trying to find some bowls to hold all of my addictions — I came across this NIFTY little video. (You have to click to watch how cool and easy they make it look.) And decided to try and make similar glitter bowls in Halloween themed colors to hold everything together.
(For your convenience, affiliate links.)
All you need is some Mod Podge, Foam brushes, balloons and glitter.
Mix the mod podge and glitter half and half. Paint thick coats, 3-4 layers, letting them dry couple hours in between. My 5 yr. old was totally able to handle this.
Once dried overnight, pop the balloon, trim the edges and TADA!
You can make them big or small depending on how big you make your balloon.
They are obviously not that sturdy, or at least mine weren’t, but will definitely hold steady for the month of October. And my daughter has an entire month of Halloween to get messy and go crazy creating, crafting and letting her imagination take over – Wild.
For more Halloween glitter, check out our glittered Halloween pumpkins. Super sparkly. And easy.
Happy month of Halloween!
There’s a children’s book by Rosemary Wells, titled: Mama Don’t Go! If you aren’t familiar, it’s about a little girl named Yoko, who’s excited to start school and make new friends. But the problem is, she doesn’t want her mom to leave. So she stays. […]