Before I had a baby, I didn’t know much. I thought I did, but I didn’t, if you know what I mean. And everything I thought I knew, I was completely wrong, including, what I thought were going to be, the terrible two’s. The two’s for me, were actually quite amazing. And now that Els is about to turn three, I miss her two year old-ness already.
The best parts of toddler two’s:
1. We could actually communicate with each other in sentences. And more than anyone, I love sentences.
2. They turn into this miniature person with a giant personality.
3. They shower you with hugs and kisses.
4. They are funny. Like really really funny.
5. They sing. They dance. They ham.
6. They follow directions.
7. They are enthusiastic. About everything. Including housework.
8. They say amazing things daily.
9. They empathize.
10. And they tell you they love you. Like really really love you!
Not to mention, with Els, there was a huge leap in development when it came to sharing, and taking turns. (So no more sweating – like profusely – on play dates). Sleep got much better. (Hence, I actually got some sleep). Naps subsided, which surprisingly ended up being a great thing. And actually, (I can’t believe I’m saying this but –) I felt like it got easier.
I should just start knocking on wood now, shouldn’t I…?
My little 2 year old is turning three.
*Sharing on the Sunday Parenting Party.