I originally saw this recipe from Delighted Momma. She had me at ‘tastes like French Fries.’ I called Mark immediately and told him to bring home some cauliflower on the way home. Urgent.
And WOW. I have to say, this is my new favorite dish to make. It is super easy. Super healthy. And super delicious. I tend to always ‘healthify’ all my recipes, so even though the original is pretty healthy, i ‘healthified’ it a little more by cutting the oil and salt in half and changed it up a bit.
Here’s what I did:
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 Tablespoon and a 1/2 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt (i only used a pinch since I would be dipping it in ketchup)
1 teaspoon of red hot chili flakes ( you may omit this if you don’t want spicy)
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and Chop cauliflower into small pieces.
3. Mix in the Olive oil, salt, chili flakes and pepper.
4. Lay on a greased baking sheet evenly.
5. Put in oven and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Stir it around 3 times. It should get really brown and crispy.
Once it’s done, serve right away with a side of ketchup and hot sauce! If you do not like ketchup, plain is good too. Another option would be a side of marinara sauce.
Mark and I, ate these instead of popcorn for our movie night and thought it tasted better than popcorn. Or it at least was a very nice, enjoyable change. And bonus: Els devoured them too!