2013: Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
Last night, (New Year’s Eve) my husband Mark and I, while our baby was in
deep slumber, decided to be really fun and exciting and sit down with a glass of champagne and write down our New Years Resolutions. We chose to write: five things we want to accomplish, five things we want to work on, five things we are grateful for, and five things we are looking forward to.
Here are mine:
I am grateful for:
1. My spunky, compassionate, clever, always surprising and endearing daughter, Els.
2. My patient, kind, pure-hearted, forgiving, caring, mighty husband.
3. My life here in LA, no matter how much I complain of the perpetual sun and suburban aberration.
4. Our new car. Solely because I
hated abhorred our old one. So much that when we finally threw it away, it made it to my top five list of ‘best feelings of my life.’
5. That I am able to be a stay-at-home mom.
I want to accomplish:
1. This blog. Kick-start it. Do it. Be it.
2. Become an expert photographer/editor.
3. Read Read Read.
4. Learn how to play the guitar.
5. Reach my goal weight. By eating clean. Eating healthy. And eating healthy portions.
I want to work on:
1. Waking up early. I know I have a baby, but it doesn’t mean I like it. I want to like waking up early.
2. Going to bed early. I know I have a baby. I would be mad not to sleep when I can. But I am a night owl by nature. It has become one of my biggest flaws.
3. Be more patient.
4. Floss everyday.
5. Wash my face day and night followed by skin care routine. (Can you believe I actually had to write that?) That’s how much things change once you have a kid.
I am looking forward to:
1. Being Present.Watching Els grow. Learn. Become.
2. More date nights with the hubby.
3. Going to the Oscar’s. (I really am going!)
4. A nice, peaceful, enriching family vacation.
5. Having readers follow my blog!
Someday, everyday, always, I want to: